Thursday, December 4, 2008


Christmas at my house starts on Thanksgiving day. Personally I have always thought this was a little early. This year we put up the tree the night before Thanksgiving, I have to admit this was partially my fault. Kenzie was so excited about the tree, she kept saying "I am so excited!" I thought it was so cute to see her little face so happy.
Ben put up the tree the night before but, I made them wait to decorate the tree until Thanksgiving day. Thanksgiving morning Kenzie woke up and immediately remembered that it was time to decorate the tree. Kason was still asleep so she ran to his room and yelled "Kason wake up we can decorate the tree, I am so excited!"
So the decorating began and to this day has not stopped. Kenzie likes to rearrange the bulbs and the candycanes on the tree. Everyday is a new look for the tree.
Our tree this year is really pretty and I love that my family did it together.

5 comments:

Emily M said...

I am so glad that my daughter isn't the only one that like to run around in her undies! :) I LOVE your tree and it is so cute that Kenzie was so excited to put it up. We started ours on THanksgiving and barely finished it last night! It was quite the project.

Emily M said...

I forgot to mention that I love the Christmas look on your blog!

Karren Family said...

Jackie-
I had to laugh! I can see where Kenzie gets her bum crack from! She really is a Flaherty, I am sure if she had her pants on and were bending over, between her and Benjy they would look exactly the same!
HollyJo

Melissa Hernandez said...

Isn't it so fun around the holidays with kids, they make it so much funner! That's awesome Kenzie just runs around naked, Isa HATES gettting dressed, must be a girl thing!

Josie Murdock said...

Does you kid ever wear clothes?!? Too cute. Just be glad you don't have an 18 month old to keep out of all those decorations, that is just a blast! You got to love the little ones.