Sunday, September 7, 2008

We have conquered the Impossible


OH YES!! This is a picture of my daughter using the big girl potty!! YEAH!
Okay the story is... One day last week I got Kenzie out of the bathtub and put a diaper on her. I asked her to go get her pajamas on. I watched her walk into her room and to her dresser, suddenly she made an unusual face and I watched as she quickly removed her diaper and pee on my carpet. It was then at that moment I realized she knew that she needed to pee and did not want to do it in her diaper.
I was determined to get this girl potty trained. Thursay I went to Wal-Mart and purchased a potty and some new panties for her. I called her on the phone to tell her of my new purchase and I was hung up on. This was going to be harder than I thought.
Still determined When I got home Thursday night I put my plan into works. I put the panties on her and had her watch as I threw away all her diapers. Thursday was hard but, we got through it.
Friday came and there were several accidents. I was ready to buy another bag of diapers after I cleaned her car seat out... for the second time.
I travel with the potty in the back of my car so if we are somewhere and she needs to pee or do the other I don't have to have her use the public potties. (I have huge phobies of public bathrooms.)
Then on Saturday it happened it clicked she realized she can hold her pee to make it to the bathroom and she realized she does not want to walk around in wet panties and pants. Saturday was a huge sucess and there were no accidents.
Today was even better. She lets me know when its time to pee and she even poops in the potty. I am so glad I didn't give up! I think she was really ready this time.
Yeah for me. No more kids in diapers.

5 comments:

Ballard Family said...

I am jealous that you have conquered the diaper world. I don't think that Carver is ready for it yet and I don't mind to much because Boston will be in diapers for quit a while. Anyway Congrats!
We had a ton of fun at the fundraiser. That's wonderful that they raised that much money!

Michelle said...

I think it is time for you to have another baby! I really think it is funny that you carry her potty in the car with you. But at the same time I hate public restrooms as well but the girls have managed to see every bathroom in the valley!! Good work with Kenzie

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

I love the undies on her head. Your children are so darling Jackie!

Jen Jensen said...

Can I send Allie to you... she isn't showing much interest... good for you..i'm jealous, no more diapers! Unless of course you have another baby??

Anonymous said...

I have the cuttest niece! She is a little devil sometimes but for the most part she is a princess. I call her Pooh Bear and I have so much fun with her...when she is in a good mood, she loves to put my Victoria's Secret lotion and lip gloss on everytime I see her and it makes me smile. I am very lucky to have Kenzie and Kason for my nephew and niece. I love you both.