Sunday, September 28, 2008


Saturday September 27 was Cache Valley Ear, Nose & Throats Fall work party. Dr. Wood has his pilots license and owns a couple of airplanes and stores them in his hanger down at Logan Airport. This year he wanted to take us all up for a ride in his plane. All the kids were so excited. We ate a catered dinner from Iron Gate Grill in his Hanger and then all the kids make there own homemade bombs to throw out of the airplane. Dr. Wood had made a target on the old runway and he was going to let the kids throw their bombs out of plane to see who could get the closest to the target.
The bombs were made of dirt and the dirt was put in a grocery sack and tied with ribbon with the kids name on the tie. The kid who came the closest to the target got a day off with pay for there mother. I thought I was a shoe in.. I had three kids throwing two bombs each.
It was so much fun and the kids will always remember this. Kenzie came in second and Kason came in fifth. (Not Bad).
Thank you Dr. Wood for a night of EXTREME FUN!!!

15 comments:

Nyman's said...

What a extreme work party. Sounds like total fun. I'm proud of Kenzie for being a big girl, and most of all proud of you..go mama!!

Josie Murdock said...

I am soooo jelous!!!! I wish I still worked there. I really miss you guys. I see you all, but it is because we are patients. I don't like it much. So, who won the paid day off work? It sounds like an awsome party!!

Kylene said...

So did you win?? What fun pic's. I also love the pic's you took of your kids in your other post. They are so adorable. I have missed so many girls night outs I feel out of the loop! I will have to arrange one next time I'm down there. I miss you girls!

Emily M said...

what a great work party! i would be totally terrified in one of those planes. i love the "bomb" idea! last night was so much fun. your kids are darling and ben is great- it was nice to meet him!

Anonymous said...

Hey! What a cute blog. I can't believe that you actually went in that plane with Dr. Wood. I am sure glad all turned out well. The kids must have had a wonderful time. Molly showed me your blog at work as you can see. Love yah.

Jen Jensen said...

It sounds like so much fun! I really miss working there, great people! Your family is having all sorts of fun! Miss you, lets get together!

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

What a cool boss you have!

Heidi said...

How awesome that CVENT does fun parties like this. I miss that group. Jen and I were saying we need to take a trip to Logan and visit some people.

Rachel said...

What a fun party. My boys would have loved it...bombs and all!!

jennywren said...

I don't know if you remember me at all, but I used to work with you way back in the day with Heidi Hatch. :) I found your blog through hers and wanted to say HI! Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun!! --Jen Oleson

Hayley said...

Jackie, I didn't know you had a blog! How fun to see your cute family. Thanks for your kind words, I really appreciate them. I also can't imagine what your sister is going through, it would be awful to watch your child go through something like that. Hoping for the best for you all!

Whitney Hale said...

Hey this is Whitney! Your kids are so stinkin cute! I am glad I finally found your blog again!! My blog is ajandwhitneyhale.blogspot.com! Come see me at Dillards!!

Heidi said...

What is e-mail address? I tried to get an e-mail to you through Jennifer Jensen, but I don't know if it go to you or not. Mine is hmhatch@gmail.com Please e-mail me yours. Thanks, Heidi

Heidi said...

Sorry I didn't check my e-mail terribly well. Ignore my last comment, but I would like your e-mail address if you don't mind.

Lyndsey said...

Hey Jackie,
Just wanted to say hi!! Sounds like you guys had a blast - what an awesome opportunity. Parker would lose his mind lol!!
Love Lyndsey