Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Camping Trip


YES!! I went camping. Those of you who know me really well, know that I HATE, HATE camping. This is not a new thing I have hated camping since I was young. The bugs, the camp fire, the smell of camp fire on EVERYTHING you own for DAYS and not to mention the squatting. What is fun about this? Kenzie I think may have the same feeling about camping as I do.
We went to Bear Lake and met Bens cousins from Sandy there. It was fun to see them and there kids. We usually only get to see them once a year at Christmas time. We planned this for weeks and I was willing to go only because Ben quilted me into it. Ben said that Kason needed to experience camping being a boy and all. So I put my feeling of camping aside and decided to go.
We slept in the back of our Expediton because there was no way I was pitching a tent. It was really warm and I didn't even hear the wind blowing or the rain.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Jackie I am very impressed! The things we do for our children! It looks like you enjoyed yourself. Kason is going up to fast I cannot believe it!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

good for you girl, camping is hard...but we have to do it from time to time to cheer up the men. no really, i do enjoy a litte. you still looked hot the whole time, that is just pure beauty!

Sherydon said...

Jack, i remember when our families would go camping and how much you hated it. Your such a trooper!! You crack me up. I love it that kenzie is addicted to raspberries, too cute!! It was fun to see you last weekend, can't wait to see you this weekend. Love ya

~Kandi said...

That is the only good thing about camping is not having to cook, clean or work. You know me I am not a camping fan.

Nyman's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nyman's said...

I'm so proud of you, you did it even with a smile on your face.