Friday, August 29, 2008

Poor Kenzie


These pictures don't do Kenzie any justice. He face looks so terrible right now, I know people want to call child protective services on me.
Okay you can't see in the picture but she has a left black eye this was a result in a fall on the stairs. She hit her eye on the corner of our stairs that are hardwood. I guess I should be grateful it didn't split her eye open.
Okay next the chin scrap was a fall at Aunt Holly's house (my sisiter) Holly watches Kenzie on the days that I work and on Wenesday I called to check on her at about 2:00and when Holly answered the phone I was greeted with children screaming. She proceded to tell me that Kenzie had fallen out of the battery operated truck and hit her chin on the cement. Kenzie got on the phone and in tears asked me to come get her.
When I got to Hollys house Holly was holding her and singing to her. She had a band-aid on he chin and her mouth wide open. Drooling everywhere!! I told her she could close her mouth that it was her chin that was hurt not her mouth. The whole ride home she held her mouth open not making a sound.
I came home and tried to get her to take a nap but, she would not drink from her sippy cup. She said that her mouth hurt. I opened her mouth and saw blood on her tongue. I looked on the roof of her mouth and behind her two front teeth there was a huge scrap. Then I realized that her two front teeth were pushed back. OH CRAP!!!
I called her dentist and he wanted to see her right away. It ended up that when she feel she must of have hit her front teeth. The dentist was baffled at the injury. He had to reposition her front teeth and he did this without and numbing. Yes there was screaming and Yes there was blood but, her teeth are looking good and so far no permant damage done.
She is unable to bit into anything hard for the next couple of days and he said they would be sore for awhile. Poor Kenzie.
I hope there is no permant scaring on her face from all her slip and falls.

4 comments:

Emily M said...

Oh gosh- that is awful! Poor thing! The trip to the dentist must of been the pits. And then don't you just feel like the best mom? I know I sure did after Brooklyn's little accident.

Melissa Hernandez said...

What the heck, I just read your blog a few hours ago, and I thought the top picture was just a picture of her with all those cute chewed up rasberries running down her chin, didn't realize she (you) had a rough week!!!! Sorry, that's so not fun to see your kids hurt!

Dustin and Shelli Chambers said...

What a tough little munchkin! Sometimes I just can't believe the trouble they can cause, it's quite an age!

Josie Murdock said...

You are such a terrible mother!! I never have problems like that at my house!! Ha Ha, you know all to well the troubles we have with these boys. Atleast there was no hole in the roof of her mouth. And yes, we have had those emergency visits to the dentist with two of the three boys. The teeth either heal themselves or just fall out! Kenzie still is as cute as ever.